Skip to main content


To be eligible for student aid, a student must be a U.S. citizen, or U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swains Island), or U.S. permanent resident (who has an I-151, I-551 or I-551C [Permanent Resident Card]), or an individual who has an Arrival- Departure Record (I-94) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing one of the following designations:

  • "Refugee"

  • "Asylum Granted"

  • "Cuban-Haitian Entrant (Status Pending)"

  • "Conditional Entrant" (valid only if issued

    before April 1, 1980)

  • Victims of human trafficking, T-visa (T-2, T-

    3, or T-4, etc.) holder

  • "Parolee" (You must be paroled into the

    United States for at least one year and you must be able to provide evidence from the USCIS that you are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and that you intend to become a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.)