Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Transfer Student Online Application Process.

Transfer Student Online Application Process

Students who have attended a college, university, or other post-secondary institution in the U.S. or abroad since graduating from high school/secondary school or receiving a high school equivalency diploma (also known as TASC) should file a CUNY Online Transfer Application and indicate Hostos as the first choice by logging onto Students can also connect with the Admissions and Recruitment office for assistance with filing online. The online transfer application requires the following:

  1. An official high school transcript, a copy of original high school diploma, or the general equivalency diploma (GED) and GED scores. The following are not acceptable:

    • A high school certificate
    • An IEP diploma
    • At- home-study diploma
    • Correspondence High School diploma

    • Online or virtual high school

  2. An official transcript from all post-secondary institutions, colleges or universities attended since graduating from high school/secondary school or earning a high school equivalency diploma (also known as TASC).

  3. After completing each application section, you will be prompted to pay your application fee. The application fee is $70 for Transfer applicants.

Pay Online using one of the following:

  • American Express

  • Discover

  • Electronic Check

  • MasterCard Visa

Submit Money Order via Mail:
Submit a $70.00 money order payable to "CUNY" to the address listed below. Write your CUNYfirst ID number on your money order. You can find your CUNYfirst ID number (an 8 digit number) on your Application Summary.

Mail Code: 8770
P.O. Box 7247
Philadelphia, PA 19170-8770

The application fee is non-refundable.
Current CUNY students are exempt from paying the transfer application fee.
Veterans of the United States Military Service, currently on Active Duty or members of the National Guard or Reserves may obtain an application fee waiver
by answering the U.S. Military Status question on the CUNY application and submitting proof of their Veteran/Military status (i.e., DD-214, Current
Military ID Card, or Deployment or Pre-separation orders). Spouses of veterans can provide Form 1173/1173-1 as proof of military affiliation.