International Transfer Student

If you are under an F-1 Visa already and are just transferring schools, you will need to follow the admissions process first. Once you have received a letter of acceptance to Hostos, you need to come to the International Student Office and request our Transfer Release Form. You should bring with you:

  • Passport.

  • All previous I-20 Certificates issued to you.

  • Either you or your sponsor must demonstrate the financial capability to fund living and attending school in the U.S. The total amount necessary for issuance of an I- 20 is $26,615-$28,000 per academic year.

  • Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from your sponsor. You can download this form from the USCIS website at Be advised that your I-20 Certificate cannot be issued to you until your

  • previous school transfers it through the SEVIS program. Students doing a Transfer of the I-20

  • Certificate have until 15 days from the start of the semester to complete this process.

The International Student Services Office is located in the Admissions and Recruitment Office at 500 Grand Concourse, B-Building, Room 103. You can direct any questions or concerns you have to the International Student Advisor by calling (718) 518-4402.