International Transfer Student
If you have never been to the United States, you or your sponsor must demonstrate the financial capability to fund living and attending school in the U.S. The total amount necessary to issue an I-20 is $26,615- $28,000 per academic year.
The following documents are suggested for establishing proof of financial capability:
• Bank statements/letters (with the balance and account activity), a letter from the employer (stating annual salary), and tax returns. Please note that if documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by translations.
• Affidavit of support (Form I-134) - this form must be filled out by the student's sponsor. You can download this form through the Citizenship and Immigration website at www.uscis.gov. Once we have received this information, we then issue the I-20 Certificate.
International Transfer Student:
If you are under an F-1 Visa already and are just transferring schools, you must follow the admissions process first. Once you have received a letter of acceptance to Hostos, you must come to the International Student Office and request our Transfer Release Form. You should bring with you:
• All previous I-20 Certificates issued to you.
• Either you or your sponsor must demonstrate the financial capability to fund living and attending school in the U.S. The total amount necessary to issue an I-20 is $26,615-$28,000 per academic year.
• Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from your sponsor. You can download this form from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.
Your I-20 Certificate can only be issued once your previous school transfers it through the SEVIS program. Students transferring the I-20 Certificate have 15 days from the start of the semester to complete this process.
The International Student Services Office is located in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment at 500 Grand Concourse, B-Building, Room 103. You can direct any questions or concerns to the International Student Advisor by calling (718) 518-4402.